Molecular and Cellular Genetics - lab course
Places are limited to 12 participants per course
Time & Place
17.09. - 12.10.2018
Registration from 01.07.2018 - 31.08.2018
Room: Fraunhoferstr. 12, Martinsried
The course is full-time Monday to Thursday. Friday will be free to allow attendace of BC5 and BC 7 lectures.
The course will take place in the laboratory rooms in Martinsried, Frauenhoferstr. 12. (map)
The course is limited to 12 participants.
Practical work in a research group can be approved as equivalent to the practical course in the minor subject Molecular and cellular genetics.
To get this approval the following requirements have to be met:
- at least three weeks full-time lab work
- the practical work has to cover at least two of the following topics:
- quantitative screening (not necessarily in yeast)
- RNAi experiment with quantitative read-out
- in vitro reconstitution of protein complexes
- fluorescence microscopy
The request of approval should contain following information:
- name and contact info (e-mail) of applicant
- institution/group where the practical work is performed
- name and contact info of the supervisor
- proposal outlining topic and methods (written by the applying student)
The practical lab work can be performed in more than one group.