Business Officer for the start-up company OPSYON
Location: Gene Center of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
OPSYON is a potential start-up company spinning-off from the research group of Prof. Karl-Peter Hopfner, located at Gene Center of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich (LMU). In close collaboration with the laboratory of Prof. Marion Subklewe from the Klinikum of the LMU we conduct interdisciplinary research in key areas of the life sciences to unravel the molecular mechanisms that underlie fundamental biological processes. The aim of OPSYON is to develop highly innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and other cancer-related indications for clinical use.
OPSYON recently received the prestigious EXIST Forschungstransfer grant from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy to advance our R&D and to support our translation from academia to clinical applications. To this end, we are looking for a highly motivated business officer to strengthen our business development starting 01.04.2019.
• Identify appropriate business opportunities and develop the business plan.
• Comprehensive analyses of markets, growth and the competitive landscape.
• Seek out matching service providers, contract research organizations (CROs) and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
• Professionally collaborate with potential investors, representatives and partners from pharma industry.
• Broad understanding and knowledge of the strategic needs in the biotech business development.
• You hold a PhD in immunology, cell biology, biochemistry or related subject. In addition, you have a master of business (MBA) with focus on pharmaceutical industry/biotechnology and/or work experience in a biotech company or pharmaceutical industry.
• You are a business-minded person with a drive to success and have great team spirit.
• You have great communications skills and high interest in clinical research.
• Professional project management skills and ability to prioritize and deliver according to deadlines and given milestones.
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Good communication skills in German is desirable.
• Independent work within an excellent and innovative environment and motivated team.
• The opportunity to contribute to the development of new cancer therapeutics for clinical applications.
• A scientifically stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment.
• Potential to join the future start-up company OPSYON.
This position is limited for 3 years. Since we intend to found a spin-off company, we foresee the continuation of this work within the new company OSPYON. Joining the company is possible.
We support women in management positions and are pleased to receive corresponding applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference. The salary is based on the German public sector pay scale (TV-L).
We are looking forward to your application.
Applications, including motivation letter, CV and referee contacts, should be forwarded until the 28.02.2019 in one electronic format (word or PDF document) to email@example.com
Contact person: For additional information on the position, please contact Dr. Nadja Fenn firstname.lastname@example.org