Doctoral researcher (f/m/x) at LAFUGA Proteomics
The proteomics unit (Fröhlich LAB) of the Laboratory for Functional Genome Analysis (LAFUGA) within the Gene Center, LMU Munich, is looking for a highly motivated and skilled doctoral researcher.
Within the CRC 1357: “MICROPLASTICS – Understanding the mechanisms and processes of biological effects, transport and formation: From model to complex systems as a basis for new solutions” you will investigate effects of microplastic uptake on the proteome of the limnetic organisms (Daphnia and Dreissena polymorpha). Both are important model organism in environmental and ecotoxicological research. In an integrated multi-omics approach, acquired proteomics data will be complemented by transcriptome and microbiome data.
We are seeking a highly motivated PhD student with:
- An excellent Master’s degree (or equivalent) in biology, biochemistry, analytical chemistry or similar.
- Interest in microplastic and its effect on the ecosystem.
- Solid experience in biochemical / molecular biology techniques.
- Computational skills (Microsoft-Office, R).
- Expertise in bioinformatics is advantageous.
- Interest in mass spectrometry-based proteomics.
- Excellent communication skills in an interdisciplinary team.
The LMU is an equal opportunity employer. Disabled candidates with equal qualifications will be given preference. The position is funded for four years by the DFG at 65% TVL.
Please send your application (CV, letter of motivation, and relevant certificates) as a single PDF until 1st of June to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that data transmission via the internet is essentially unsecured. There is a possibility that transmitted data can be read and perhaps even falsified by unauthorized persons.
Click here for the data protection information for applicants.