Liquid Handling - Automation Specialist (m/w)
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) München is recognized as one of Europe's premier academic and research institutions. The Gene Center is a central scientific institution of the LMU that is located in the heart of its Life Science Campus in Großhadern.
In our efforts to streamline and accelerate our research ventures in cell biology and molecular biology, we are looking for a
Liquid Handling - Automation Specialist (m/w) for the Automation Core Facility
An emerging technology for several research groups at the Gene Center and the surrounding research institutions is the application of automated liquid handling technologies. To this end, we have already established three specialized liquid handling robots that operate in different research domains (e.g. automated nucleic acid extraction, PCR setup, imaging, cell culture). The successful candidate will oversee these instruments and organize them for general accessibility as a core facility.
• Oversee, operate and maintain three state-of-the-art liquid handling work stations
• Configure and program software routines for these instruments
• Implement and validate laboratory routines for automation
• Train, support and assist researchers who use the liquid handling units
• Assistance and collaboration in various research projects
• General lab organization and administrative tasks
• Completed vocational training as BTA, MTA, lab assistant, B.Sc., M.Sc., Dipl.-Ing. (FH), PhD or related qualification
• You have proven experience in lab automation, preferably in liquid handling and cell culture
• You are a team player, work thorough, are highly motivated and work independently
• Your communication skills in English are very good as required in our international team
What we offer:
• You will have the opportunity to work on large-scale discovery projects using cutting edge methodology and the latest liquid handling technology
• Exciting insight into molecular immunology and cell biology
• The chance to work in a multi-disciplinary, international and stimulating work environment
• A position, with a wage classification according to the German public sector pay scale (TV-L) and your qualification.
• A position that is initially available for 2 years with the possibility of extension.
The application should include a CV, a letter of motivation, certificates and contact information of references bundled in a single PDF file (max. size 6 MB). Send the application until September 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Munich is an equal opportunity employer. Handicapped candidates with equal qualifications will be given preference. Lab website: www.hornung.genzentrum.lmu.de