Postdoc (f/m/d) for the LMU spin-off project OPSYON
Location: Gene Center of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
OPSYON is a potential start-up company spinning-off from the research group of Prof. KarlPeter Hopfner, located at Gene Center of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich (LMU). In close collaboration with the laboratory of Prof. Marion Subklewe from the Klinikum of the LMU we develop innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and other cancer-related indications for clinical use.
OPSYON recently received the prestigious EXIST Forschungstransfer grant from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy to advance our R&D and to support our translation from academia to clinical applications. To this end, we are looking for a highly motivated Postdoc (f/m/d) to strengthen our scientific research team starting 01.02.2020.
• Scientific lead and hands-on responsibility for the generation and characterization of therapeutic antibody fusions in the field of immuno-oncology.
• Be responsible for the design, execution and documentation of experimental work, and conduct data analysis.
• Develop and apply cell-based in vitro and ex vivo assays for antibody characterization to support clinical candidate selection.
• Take responsibility to fulfill requirements made be regulatory guidelines and to meet given timelines.
• Work as part of a team conducting antibody-engineering and biophysical analyses, present data at team meetings and seminars, provide core expertise and input on scientific directions.
• Coordinate collaborations with academic groups as well as biotech and pharma companies.
• Working with human blood, biological and/or chemical hazards may be required.
• PhD in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Cell Biology or Life Science related subjects.
• Advanced experimental skills with technologies and assays in the field of oncology and/or immunology.
• Solid experience in flow-cytometry based assays and analysis is mandatory.
• Strong knowledge and experimental skills in handing cell cultures, primary human cells, including human immune cells is required.
• Ideally, work experience in a translational medicine or biotech or pharmaceutical environment.
• Broad understanding of translational medicine and drug development.
• High interest in clinical research and strong motivation with a great team spirit.
• Ability to work independently and manage responsibilities on project teams.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Independent work within an excellent and innovative environment and highly motivated team.
• The opportunity to contribute to the development of new cancer therapeutics for clinical applications.
• Well-equipped laboratories.
• A scientifically stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment.
• Potential to join the future start-up company OPSYON.
This position is limited for 2 years. Since we intend to found a spin-off company, we foresee the continuation of this work within the new company.
Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference. The salary is based on the German public sector pay scale (TV-L).
Applications, including motivation letter, CV and referee contacts, should be forwarded until the 15.01.2020 in one electronic format (word or PDF document) to email@example.com. We are looking forward to receiving your application documents.
Contact person: For additional information on the position, please contact Dr. Nadja Fenn by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that data transmission via the internet is essentially unsecured. There is a possibility that transmitted data can be read and perhaps even falsified by unauthorized persons.
Click here for the data protection information for applicants.