PhD Position at LAFUGA Proteomics
PhD student (m/f/d)
Within the CRC 1357: “MICROPLASTICS – Understanding the mechanisms and processes of biological effects, transport and formation: From model to complex systems as a basis for new solutions” we investigate effects of microplastic uptake on the proteome of the limnetic water flea (Daphnia). In this context, the model organism Daphnia is particularly useful, since it holds a key position in aquatic ecosystems and is an important model organism in environmental and ecotoxicological research.
We are seeking a highly motivated PhD student with:
• An excellent Master’s degree (or equivalent) in biology, biochemistry, analytical chemistry or similar.
• Interests in the field of proteomics, microplastic and its effect on the ecosystem.
• Excellent communication skills in an interdisciplinary team.
• Solid backgrounds in biochemical / molecular biology techniques.
• An expertise in bioinformatics is advantageous.
The LMU is an equal opportunity employer. Disabled candidates with equal qualifications will be given preference. The position is funded for four years by the DFG at 65% TVL.
Please send your application (CV, letter of motivation, and relevant certificates) as a single PDF to email@example.com