PhD Student (m/f/d)
Kinderklinik und Kinderpoliklinik im Dr. von Haunerschen Kinderspital
The Hospital of the University of Munich, Germany, is one of the largest and most competitive university hospitals in Germany and Europe. 48 specialized hospitals, departments and institutions harbouring excellent research and education provide patient care at the highest medical level with around 11.000 employees.
Scope of duties
The successful candidate will work on a project deciphering the role of Cyclin-T1 in human immune cell plasticity and will apply cutting-edge methodologies of molecular and cellular immunology focusing on the function of Cyclin-T1 in human T cells and macrophages. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be introduced into our innovative and advanced experimental pipeline of human disease models including CRISPR/Cas9-mediated genome editing, induced pluripotent stem cells. In detail, the successful candidate will generate and functionally characterize iPSC-derived hemopoietic stem cells and macrophages that carry patient-specific mutations in vitro and in vivo. The project is integrated in the DFG-funded CRC1054 (https://www.sfb1054.med.uni-muenchen.de) and successful candidates will benefit from the IRTG1054 graduate program. Interested candidates can find more information about our research on https://www.ccrchauner.de/kotlarz-lab.
• You are highly motivated and share our enthusiasm for science
• You want to help pediatric patients by dissecting disease mechanisms of inflammatory bowel disease
• You are a team player
• You have completed or will soon complete a qualifying degree (Master, Diploma, or similar) in medicine,
• veterinary medicine, life sciences, pharmacy, or a related discipline
• You have first experience in basic techniques of biochemistry, cellular biology, and molecular biology
The CCRC Hauner has an outstanding track record in translational sciences and is fully equipped with state-of-the-art laboratory instrumentation and core facilities (e.g., NGS, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, bioinformatics, mass spectrometry, computational biology). Our institute follows the mission "Concept Pediatrics – the Child at the Center of Science" exemplifying the interaction of molecular research with patientoriented clinical applications.
• 3-year contract
• A dynamic, highly motivated, and international team
• An excellent research environment at one of Germany’s top universities
• Very well equipped lab with excellent core facility support
• Established state-of-the art experimental pipeline with mentoring by advanced researchers
• Integration in international alliances with worldwide leading research institutes (www.veoibd.org)
For more details and for the application form, please visit our career portal at
Since we work with continuous selection and appointment, we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
Disabled persons will be preferentially considered in case of equal qualification. Presentation costs cannot be refunded.
If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Munich is an equal opportunity employer. Handicapped candidates with equal qualifications will be given preference.
The salary is based on the German public sector pay scale (TV-L).