Highly Motivated Postdoctoral Fellow (f/m/d)
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
At the Helmholtz Diabetes Center (HDC), Professor Dr. Henriette Uhlenhaut is looking for a highly motivated postdoc fellow (f/m/d) to work in a challenging research project funded by the European Research Council (ERC), focusing on mechanism in gene regulation underlying the biological enigma of immune suppression by the Glucocorticoid Receptor (GR).
• Establishing cutting edge NGS techniques
• Collaborating with bioinformaticians on statistical analyses of large genomic data sets
• A wide variety of molecular biology experiments in cultured cells
• Phenotypic analysis of transgenic and knockout mice
• PhD in molecular biology or related life sciences
• Advanced knowledge in mammalian genetics and biology
• Strong background in Chromatin biology, biochemistry and genomic
• Experience in functional genomic techniques will be an advantage
• Experience with mammalian cell lines and willingness to work with mice
• Ability to handle large data sets and interact with bioinformaticians
• Dynamic, highly motivated, flexible and responsible team player
• Strong communication skills and ability to present research in a logical and structured manner
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others in an international environment
• Excellent verbal and written English skills
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (EG 13 TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years.
The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. In order to increase the proportion of women in management positions, we would be pleased to receive corresponding applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.
Please send your curriculum vitae, a description of your research background and interests, and contact information for 3 references to Professor Dr. Henriette Uhlenhaut firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Sybille Regn
Telefon: 089 3187-1833
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Institute for Diabetes and Cancer
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg near Munich