Postdoc for the start-up company OPSYON
Location: Gene Center of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
OPSYON is a potential start-up company spinning-off from the research group of Prof. Karl-Peter Hopfner, located at Gene Center of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich (LMU). In close collaboration with the laboratory of Prof. Marion Subklewe from the Klinikum of the LMU we conduct interdisciplinary research in key areas of the life sciences to unravel the molecular mechanisms that underlie fundamental biological processes. The aim of OPSYON is to develop highly innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and other cancer-related indications for clinical use.
OPSYON recently received the prestigious EXIST Forschungstransfer grant from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy to advance our R&D and to support our translation from academia to clinical applications. To this end, we are looking for a highly motivated postdoc to complete our scientific research team starting 01.04.2019.
• Design, development, optimization and characterization of new therapeutic antibodies to support clinical candidate selection.
• Ensure protein purification according to GMP guidelines, conduct protein stability analyses and define formulation conditions.
• Development of analytical and mode of action assays and process optimization.
• Preparation and implementation of preclinical experimental studies to evaluate and validate target candidates.
• You work closely with teams conducting in vivo studies and teams at the hospital.
• You hold a PhD in immunology, cell biology, biochemistry or related subject.
• You have a strong background in structural biology and understand the architecture and functional aspects of monoclonal antibodies.
• Experience with the process of protein purification, humanization of antibodies and display methods are desirable.
• Ideally, you have at least 3 years of work experience in a translational medicine or biotech or pharmaceutical environment.
• Work experience with cell culture and/or primary cells is of advantage.
• You have significant experience in drug development demonstrated by presentations and publications in peer reviewed journals.
• High interest in clinical research and strong motivation with a great team spirit.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Independent work within an excellent and innovative environment and highly motivated team.
• The opportunity to contribute to the development of new cancer therapeutics for clinical applications.
• Well-equipped laboratories.
• A scientifically stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment.
• Potential to join the future start-up company OPSYON.
This position is limited for 3 years. Since we intend to found a spin-off company, we foresee the continuation of this work within the new company OSPYON. Joining the company is possible.
We support women in management positions and are pleased to receive corresponding applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference. The salary is based on the German public sector pay scale (TV-L).
We are looking forward to your application.
Applications, including motivation letter, CV and referee contacts, should be forwarded until the 28.02.2019 in one electronic format (word or PDF document) to email@example.com
Contact person: For additional information on the position, please contact Dr. Nadja Fenn by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org