The GC-CEM provides opportunities to all scientists of the Gene Center (GC). Capacities not used by GC researchers are made available to applicants from other institutions: 1. LMU with Klinikum. 2. Other academic institutions.
- We offer professional and dedicated services for all our users, including training and helping with analyzing and fully operated sorts
- We aim to stay in touch with the work of each individual user.
- We offer guidance and help, not only on technical aspects, but also on scientific questions whenever possible.
- We would like to encourage all users to acknowledge the facility on any papers that were generated with the help of instrumentation of the core facility or credit authorship to members of staff that have significantly helped the science published.
In order to use the instruments and/or services of the facility, please take the following steps:
- Download the GC-CEM Guidelines and read these guidelines carefully. Usage of our instruments and services is only possible if these usage guidelines and the associated fees are acknowledged by the head of the working group and the user.
- For new imaging projects, a consultation meeting of user, group leader and GC-CEM staff should be held to determine the optimally suited approach concerning sample preparation by the user and microscope hardware to be used. Such a meeting is mandatory for all users. All such discussions will be treated as confidential by facility staff.
- The user and the respective group leader sign agreements in which they both accept the guidelines of the facility (see appendices).
- The user signs up for the online booking system. This can be done in parallel to the previous step, but the user will not be approved until the signed forms arrive.
- Users from outside the GC will submit a 1-2 page project summary. Access for outside projects may be prioritized or denied on reasons of capacity of the facility or scientific merit of the project.